
I had an amazing experience at Alejandro Escovedo's concert at the Lyric Theater in Blacksburg last night. Not only is he an amazing musician, he made the concert such an intimate experience that I was struggling to keep myself together.
First off, my awesome friend Meredith decided that she would volunteer that night so that Ethan and I would only have to shell out one ticket. That was pretty frickin cool.
He played with a classically trained guitarist and a violinist, and some of the intense pieces reminded me of a Indigo Girls live concert ("Down by the River" cover, especially). His new album is very much rock and roll, but I'd be really interested in hearing his other stuff as well.
At the end of the concert, they had an encore were they came out into the audience to play. The man stood RIGHT in front of me and Meredith, flanked by his other two musicians, and played this wonderful song. It was a gift. I'm trying to track down the song, but I'm having no luck at all. The chorus went "leave the light on he'll be home by 11".
He'll be on World Cafe later on this month.
I still can't believe what all happened last night!
No comments:
Post a Comment